What you can expect from my review:
Expect an honest but fair review. I understand the work and love that goes into a novel and I consider that when I pick up a new book to read.
My goal is to recommend your book to the audience that I think will most enjoy it and illustrate what they will love as well as what they may find challenging. If I don’t have anything nice to say (and that’s rare) I will choose not to review the book over posting an entirely negative review. I will send you a message and let you know if that is the case.
Additionally, I do not rank or rate books by stars or grades. If you’re curious about why, click here.
Please keep in mind that I may not get to your book right away. I have a busy reviewing schedule for Books are Delicious and my YouTube channel Horror Addicts. I also have a little boy with a medical condition so my life can be unpredictable. That said, I will give you an estimated time for the review and if your book is an advanced release copy or part of a book tour, I will prioritize it on my reading list.
For an idea as to where I am with reviews and reading, check out What I’m Reading.
Where I publish reviews:
Unless you request otherwise, I will publish my review to the following sites.
Types of books accepted:
I review novels, comics, and graphic novels.
I am open to other genres, but I prefer supernatural horror based in the real world. I tend to read dark fiction, but I do enjoy humor and a bit of romance thrown in on occasion.
I do not usually accept:
- Erotica (maybe if it has a horror element to it)
- Historical Fiction (again, maybe if it has a horror element to it)
- Titles with religious undertones (nothing preachy)
- Science Fiction (Keep it on Earth)
- Fantasy (fairies, mermaids, and unicorns need not apply unless they’re evil)
I never accept:
- Contemporary romance
- Legal Thrillers
- Books in a series unless it is the first one.
Please provide a physical copy of your book for review. Occasionally, I accept .mobi and .azw3 for the Kindle Fire though not often. I do not accept .pdfs.
If you would like me to host a giveaway of your book, all you have to do is fill out the request form and offer a physical copy of your book to be given away with the review.
What I expect from you:
- Please refrain from emailing me about when I will get to your review. If you’re curious about where I am on my reading list. Check the What I’m Reading page.
- Subscribe to Books are Delicious before you submit your request. You can subscribe via email, WordPress, Twitter, Tumblr or Facebook.
- You must be willing to provide a copy of your book. Do not ask me to purchase a copy or offer me compensation in exchange for a positive review.
- Be respectful. Check out my post How Not to be an Asshat When Requesting a Book Review for more details.
Submit your request:
If you’re still interested in a review, please use the form below to submit your request. Be sure to include a synopsis of your work. You should hear back from me within a week with my decision.
Thank you for considering me and I look forward to hearing from you.